Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should one take antidepressants in depression?

Antidepressants are medicines used to help people come out of depression. Antidepressant drugs are not contented pills. They are not a panacea. They are prescription drugs, which come with advantages and risks. It must be taken only under supervision of a doctor. But, they are other depression treatment options available. Taking medications for depression is not a sign of weakness.

Many antidepressants work by slowing removal of some chemicals from brain. These chemicals are known as Neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and serotonin. Neurotransmitters are required for normal brain function and are involved in the mood control and other functions and responses like sleep, pain, thinking and eating.

Antidepressants help people with depression by making natural chemicals making available to brain. By restoring chemical balance of brain, antidepressants help to relieve the depression symptoms. Antidepressants drugs specially help to reduce extreme hopelessness, lack of interest in life and sadness, which are typical in people with depression. These drugs also used for the treatment of other conditions like premenstrual syndrome, eating disorders and chronic pain. Usually, antidepressants are taken for four to six months. It few cases, patients and their doctors decide that antidepressants are needed for a long time. If you have severe depression, which is interfering with your capability to function, medication is best for you.

For adults with depression, there is strong evidence that antidepressants are effective enough as compared to other treatment options. When depression is moderate, psychotherapy is sufficient. In this case, even short-term antidepressant drug treatment also helps people in getting to the point where they are able to engage in therapy and exercise. Antidepressants also used to for obsessive compulsive disorders, chronic pain, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder and severe anxiety. Learning the facts about antidepressants as well as weighing the advantages against the risks helps you make an informed and personal decision about whether medication is right for you or not.

2 comments:

  1. Each sleep disorder has various causes. The most common causes of sleep disorder are chronic fatigue syndrome, post-traumatic stress disorder, menopause, stress, anxiety, postpartum depression, and congestive heart failure.

    intramax liquid nutrition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want every herpes patient to please read my testimony, my name is SARAH MORGAN and I am from California in the USA, I contracted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms. I have had it for 4 months now., and it has affected my life. I have told my boyfriends who I trusted about it and I have never had a bad reaction, it has affected my new relationships with Smith and people think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how I get rid of my herpes and I was reading a comment on the internet,and I saw a testimony posted by a woman from Germany that she get rid of her herpes with the help of DR AHKIGBE and so I was so happy when I saw that post, that his herbal medication is free and I quickly collected the herbal doctor email and I email him within 3 hr he respond to my email and I explain things to him he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me totally with his herbal medicine he only request for little money that he will use to buy the items for the preparation of the herbal medicine, wish I send to him because the pain was too much for me to bear and after some days he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine, that I should send him my address that he want to send it to me via DHL or FED-EX that was how I got the herbal medication and I use it as I was told and after few days I found out that my herpes was no more, i went to hospital for confirmation and it was true really that was how i got my cured. DR AKHIGBE also cure other deadly diseases like,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES, DIABETES,CANCER, ALS, ASTHMA, WEAK BODY,  HEPATITIS A&B, DENGUE FEVER, RABIES, MARBURG  DISEASE, THYROID, SMALLPOX, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS ,LUPUS, EPILEPSY, CHRONIC DISEASE, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, BACTERIAL DIARRHEA HEART DISEASE., JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN,  DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, POLIO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,  SORENESS/INJURY,  VAGINAL  DISCHARGE,  CHANCROID, DEPRESSION, TUBERCULOSIS, ALZHEIMER , PENIS ENLARGEMENT, PARKINSON'S, to get your rid kindly via his email:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    contact his number:  +2349010754824           website:  https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com       you can still write me on Instagram to get more information. on Sarah Morgan 06.

    ReplyDelete